SVFF's 1 Potato Film Initiative
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
1 Potato Short Screenplay Competition
Whether you have a short script that’s been sitting on your shelf, or you want to write something with the competition in mind, Sun Valley Film Festival and the 6th annual 1 Potato Initiative want to hear your story, and help the finalists take their idea from page to screen.
The winning script will receive $5,000 in funds towards shooting their film on location in Idaho, as well as having SVFF support from development to finished product. As a partner on the film, SVFF will connect the winner with seasoned filmmaker participants, arrange special networking opportunities with Industry experts, and help build a presence for the film as it begins its festival journey.
The winning 1 Potato short script will be announced at the 1 Potato Initiative reception during the 2020 Sun Valley Film Festival in March.
• The Sun Valley Film Festival reserves the right to determine eligibility of any project submitted.
• Must be 15 pages or less.
• Participants must be at least 18 years of age.
• Without exception, the winning script MUST BE FILMED IN IDAHO; do not submit your project unless you are able to commit to filming in Idaho.
• The Sun Valley Film Festival and Producers will be involved in the hiring of all cast and crew.
• While additional fundraising in encouraged, the script must be feasible to film on a limited budget.
• The Sun Valley Film Festival will receive a Made In Association With credit, as well as end credit scroll logo placement.
• Finalists will be asked to fill out a brief questionnaire upon completing the program.
• Finalized film must have its world premiere at the Sun Valley Film Festival.